https://strategicbenefitsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/s5_30ad83f26511d69187831eaacdd7c427.jpg 266 400 Clifton Waite http://strategicbenefitsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/StrategicBenefitsLOGO.png Clifton Waite2016-05-17 23:00:202018-03-26 19:06:05Starting a new exercise routine? Here’s how to make it stick
Starting a new exercise routine? Here’s how to make it stick
We all know that exercise is good for us and can help us lose weight. But it can be challenging to get into the exercise habit. Here are some ways to stick with a new exercise routine:
- Have some fun. Developing a habit you will stick with will make you more successful. Go for a hike or a bike ride. See what nature has to offer while you help your body become healthier.
- Get an exercise buddy. Do you have a friend who is trying to become more physically active and make better food choices? Pair up!
- Don’t weigh yourself every day. Weighing yourself every day could actually make it harder to lose weight. When you put it away, you are able to focus on the positive things you are doing to reach your goal. Your weight can fluctuate a little every day, even if you haven’t changed your routine. Use the scale weekly to help you stay on track.
- Don’t push yourself too hard. It’s easy to keep going when you’re feeling good. But it can also lead to fatigue and injury. Give yourself time to rest properly.
- Be smart in the kitchen. You can’t expect your body to change for the better if you’re feeding it the wrong kind of food. A balanced diet with fruit, veggies, dairy, carbs, protein, and so on is essential to providing fuel for your body. Ditch the processed foods and stick with lean meats, fresh produce and high-quality dairy products.
- Quit tracking every single calorie. Instead, keep a food journal to track what you’re eating every day.